The Club Behind The Website

“The purpose of the Navigator is to give a voice to the students,”

— Max Kanner

“The purpose of the Navigator is to give a voice to the students,” said an eager Max Kanner, Co-Founder and Editor-in-Chief of The Navigator and its associated club. A revival of a former student newspaper at Newman, The Greenie, The Navigator is an outlet for those who want to share their opinions and interests amidst the community of students on campus. Max Kanner and Avni Shridhar are motivated to start the club because there is much that we don’t know about each other, far beyond the “student announcements and achievements” we hear at Monday morning assemblies. “The goal is to cover everything as it comes,” Kanner stated. Students can write about sports events, news, opinions, and -within reason-whatever they want.

However, the club is not just for aspiring writers or journalists; it is for anyone who enjoys writing and has passion for a topic. Photographers are a necessary asset of the newspaper, as well. The club is open to everyone, and I encourage you to join. Whether you only want to write one article or desire to become a regular writer, the best way to show your support is by reading The Navigator.  Every Monday there is a meeting  during lunch, so if you ever want to join the Newspaper Club or write for this newspaper, visit Dr. Bates’ room during that time.