A Brisket for All pt. 1

Brisket: A Tragic Tale of Gangs That Rule Manew High

The student body finally had enough of being served chicken four days out of each week and trying to stomach a cryptic concoction affectionately called, “soup de hamburger.”

To truly understand the complexity and horrors of the Manew High School Gang War, one must first examine the major contributors. The most important one is–of course–EGAS Dining. After six long and tyrannical years, the student body finally had enough of being served chicken four days out of each week and trying to stomach a cryptic concoction affectionately called, “soup de hamburger.” The students of Manew High yearned for something else. Little did they know, they were finally going to be able to obtain that desire…at a cost.

It was August 2014. The school year had just kicked off. It was a joyous time, and every day at 12:34 PM, the students would line up with empty stomachs and faces full of excitement only to find disappointment in the subpar selection of delicatessens. This was about to change, as a savvy man by the name of Big Vitch discovered a product that would revolutionize the game and put EGAS out of business. It was called brisket: a family recipe that had been passed down in Vitch’s family since the beginning of man. Now right now you might be thinking, “Oh Brisket, where is the harm in that?” Well, let me tell you, this was not your father’s brisket. As recovering Brisket abuser Dante recounted, “It starts with one brisket a day, then two, then three, and the next thing you know you’re on an endless journey of gluttony. The rush is crazy. I was only able to kick my habit a year ago after trying switching to a strict toast-only diet.” Vitch knew his product was no laughing matter, but he was blinded by the money and the power that came with it. Word was out. Everyone knew Vitch was the supplier of the purest brisket east of the Mississippi. It was a tragic tale of supply and demand. Studies by the University of Uzbekistan have shown that in Vitch’s prime, he brought in an average five hundred million dollars a month off of brisket sales alone. However, As the great Chaucer once said, “all good things must come to an end.” Vitch had become too big and after a yearlong investigation by the FDA, they had enough to lock him away for at least 64 consecutive life sentences. Vitch knew this but would not go out without a fight. On November 5th, 2015, Vitch was finally gunned down in a violent street fight on Rufossat Street. The Manew community rejoiced and declared November 5th a school holiday. However, little did they know they had something else coming, something that would shock their world.

The Manew community and FDA thought that they had finally put an end to all this Brisket madness. All they had really done, however, was open up Pandora’s box.