The Mystery Account on Instagram of Newman 2023

This past week, a mysterious account on Instagram was created. This account is called Newman’s 2023, representing the sophomore class. Many members of the sophomore class received follow requests from this instagram account

and it fastly received a large following. Students were deeply confused by the accounts purpose and who the founder is.

The profile of this instagram features representation of the newman’s class of 2023. Usually, there are instagram accounts for the senior class called the futures of __. However, they are just used to show where each member of the senior class is attending college. The instagram of 2023’s purpose is supposedly for “updates, important announcements and more!” as said in the bio. There are 3 posts on it as of now, one congratulating the Neman girl’s soccer team and two wishing the Newman boy’s basketball team luck on their playoff games. As well as posting, this account posts on their Instagram story a bunch. These posts have ranged anywhere from student of the week competitions to words of encouragement to the boy’s basketball team.
At first, people proposed the idea that a member or all of the student officers created this account. This would make sense because they are in charge of announcing important information and messages to the class. However, all officers denied having created or taking part in the making of this account and that they themselves were confused.
As well, many people thought that this account would turn into a gossip account of some type, resembling gossip girl. This thought circulated because the account did a student of the week competition involving students of the class of 2023. There were pulls posted on instagram giving a chance for people to vote for nominations of student of the week. This led to many people thinking that this was run by a student wanting to cause drama within the school.

In order to figure out this mystery, lots of students have tried to dm the account to try to gain information. These attempts have not been very successful due to the cryptic and puzzling replies from the instagram. In one case, a student dmed the account asking who they were and they replied that their dms were broken. Which can’t be the case because they are texting back. In another instance, a student dmed, asking if the account will turn into a gossip account. They replied by saying, “…this is a faculty member at Newman. #pranked okay tell us the drama then” with an eye rolling, happy face, and coffee emoji. The question is whether or not a teacher would actually write this.

The biggest theory of who the mysterious owner could be is Coach Livingston. Most people believe this because there is lots of evidence that concludes to him. For example, there are frequent posts on the instagram about the boy’s basketball team which he is the head coach of. There are two regular posts on this instagram page wishing them luck and posts on the story including words of encouragement for the boys basketball team. That’s a lot of publicity for the boys basketball team. As well, in the posts about it, there are solo pictures of each member of the basketball team in the sophomore class. There were no water marks on it which means someone would have had to buy them from Newman Athletic Photos. Furthermore, Coach Livingston’s Instagram follows this account which leads to more suspicion. Also, apparently he runs the Newman boy’s basketball team’s instagram account which has the same posts on it as this one and it also included words of encouragement on its story. It also has the same post on it congratulating the girl’s soccer team on state as the Newman 2023 account has. The Newman boy’s basketball instagram has over 5,000 followers and apparently Coach Livingston bought 4,000 of them to try and create publicity for the team.

From all the evidence, the main suspect of this mysterious account leads to Coach Livngston. Is this just a publicity stunt for the boy’s basketball team or run by another student? Hopefully time will give answers.