By the students, For the students

The Navigator

By the students, For the students

The Navigator

By the students, For the students

The Navigator

2024 Fashion Trend Predictions

Three months into 2024, and there’s already so many fashion trends that have emerged, showing signs of many accurate trend predictions as the decades of eclectic and creative fashion comes back to life. First of all, these last few years have had a history of repeating fashion styles, taking inspiration from past decades from the 60s to the 2000s!

For example, this is the year of prints, which majorly resembles the comeback of animal prints of female rock stars in the 70s. Printed tights and pants are the new fashion statement piece, as legs become the new form of expression, and “going out top” are out. Since bottoms are the new creative outlet, super mini and pleated skirts are way more popular, with influence from brands like Diesel with the “Miniest Mini Skirt” and Edikted “Denim Mini Skirts.” Even further, capri pants are back in style? Remember that episode of Barbie: Life in the DreamHouse? Basically, she’s wearing capri pants, and they are all the rage! That’s going to be (some) of us this year when people go back in time and show off their capri pants.

Continuing through the decades, this 60s dramatic makeup look, made famous by celebrities like Twiggy, even derived from the “Coastal Grandma” aesthetic. Statement color: Blue. Blue eyeshadow. Blue eyeliner. Blue mascara. These gorgeous shades are back and bolder than ever and bringing in some daring eyeliner can bring the whole look together. Coastal Grandma aesthetic with breezy pants and blue blouses has turned into some striking eye looks to elevate a basic look.

Obviously, accessories have been a pretty easy way to create an exciting look, but some new options include tinted glasses and metallic jewelry. We’ve turned from wearing fake glasses in the 2010s to wearing fake tinted glasses in the 2020s. These decades are really repeating themselves! Remember fashion icons Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, and Lindsay Lohan? Well they were all sporting some serious heavy metal. Their metallic jewelry was a chromatic journey of the latest trends, and a super stylish way to incorporate some sleek designs into your fit.

Now, us fashionistas must remember that the best way to be a trendsetter is to start thrifting! Just a reminder not to take advantage of places with cheap prices (resellers suck), but to shop sustainably and ethically at places like Buffalo Exchange, Funky Monkey, and Red White and Blue. One of my fave new fashion trends is thrift flipping, where you take an item of clothing (with potential) and use some amazing sewing skills to bring it back to life!

That being said, it’s pretty difficult to be a fashion icon in a school with a dress code, so keep these ideas in mind for a weekend with your friends or a fashion show in your bedroom. Also, check out Pinterest Predicts for more trends to come in the next 9 months!