By the students, For the students

The Navigator

By the students, For the students

The Navigator

By the students, For the students

The Navigator

Yet Another District Championship!

Girls and Boys Track & Field Teams Bring Home District Trophies
Madeleine Long and Claire Charpentier hold the district championship trophy and individual awards

This past Wednesday, the Newman Track and Field team competed in the District Meet at the St. Martins Episcopal School track. The Greenies gave it their all as they raced, jumped, and threw against many other schools in the district. In almost every event at the meet, the team entered the maximum number of individuals, which gave the team the best chance at getting their desired result. In the end, the teams’ efforts payed off and the girls and boys teams secured the titles of District Champions for the season.

The meet kicked off with long jump, during which Claire Charpentier and Parker Davis both finished first. Throughout the field events, there were several more first place finishes for the Greenies: RJ Livingston in high jump, Ella Faliveno in javelin, Ella Aucoin in high jump. The team also excelled in the field events with the following first place finishes: the girls 4×800 relay, the boys 4×800 relay, Remi Cousin in the 100 hurdles, Parker Davis in the 110 hurdles, the girls 4×200 relay, Ava Hartman in the 1600, Sam Haber in the 1600, the girls 4×100 relay, the boys 4×100 relay, Remi Cousin in the 300 hurdles, Parker Davis in the 300 hurdles, Jake Randel in the 200, Ava Hartman in the 3200, and Sam Haber in the 3200. As the meet came to an end with a win by the girls 4×400 relay, points for all the events that day were calculated.

Both the boys and girls teams finished 1st overall and took home 1st place trophies, adding another year to the long stretch of District Meet wins. Individually, Claire was awarded girls Overall District MVP and girls Track MVP for her top finishes in long jump, the 100m, the 400m, and the 200m.

However, the race isn’t over quite yet. The Greenies are headed to Regionals today with hopes of qualifying for state! Since Championship season is a marathon, not a sprint, stay tuned for Regional and State results. For photographs and more updates, go to @newmanathleticsphotos and @newman_xc_track on Instagram! The full meet results are available on MileSplit (https://milesplit.live/meets/587764).